Friday, July 20, 2007

Eliott - Back home from Kananaskis

Jen asked me to make a post as a contributing writer, so here I am. Forgive me for being so late to write this post. I won't make it too long, since Jen has already told you about much of our trip. I guess I'll focus on Kananskis.

After spending a couple of days in Calgary, including a night at the Roger Waters concert, I made my way to Kananaskis with Jen (who, as you know, had come to Calgary to surprise me the day before I meant to drive down). Kananaskis is absolutely beautiful. If you haven't looked at Jen's pictures, take a look.

The trailer that Jen is staying in is really more of a small home. It's got three bedrooms, a small kitchen, and a TV room. With only 3 people staying there most of the time, I would imagine that it rarely feels crowded, and everybody has their space. Outside of the trailer, Jen even has an office. How come she gets an office and I don't?!

Although Jen was a little busy with her mice while I was there, I had a lot of fun. It was great to see what Jen has been doing all summer. While I was there, Jen and I went out to the mountains a few times in the morning to check her traps for mice. I also helped her with some stuff in her lab.

The people that Jen is with in Kananaskis are very cool too. With all of them living together for 4 months straight, Jen really lucked out by being with some awesome people. We had lots of fun playing some games, going out to a pub, and driving down to Drumheller to see the Royal Tyrell (dinosaur) museum.

After a few days in Kananaskis, a day in Banff, and a day in Canmore, Jen and I said goodbye to her Kananaskis friends, and went back to Calgary to spend a couple more days with my aunt+uncle+cousin before heading out to Vancouver.

In Vancouver, we stayed at Jeremy's place. Vancouver is a really beautiful city, second only to Montreal in terms of nicest Canadian cities as far as I'm concerned. One thing I noticed though, is that there are lots and lots of crazy people in Vancouver; way more than in Montreal. After a few days in Vancouver we headed to Victoria for a couple of days, then came back to Vancouver for the end of our
vacation.

If you want to take a look at some more picture of our trip, look here.

Oh, and before I go, here are my Harry Potter predictions. They happen to be similar to Jen's:
  • Neville, not Harry, is the chosen one (or, if not, he plays a very important role in the battle against Voldemort)

  • Harry gets back together with Ginny, and they both survive

  • Snape is a good guy. He killed Dumbledore because he made an unbreakable vow to kill Dumbledore if Malfoy could not

  • Harry is definitely a Horcrux

  • Malfoy dies

  • Hagrid, Fred, George, and Hermione die

  • Percy stops being a git

  • McGonagall will be important (and Hogwarts will stay open)

  • Voldermort dies, but is quickly replaced by somebody else. Someone unlikely.

No comments: