Monday, November 12, 2007

Return to Montreal

I’m slowly starting to catch up with my blog posting here. This next entry will attempt to condense the two weeks I spent at home in Montreal prior to starting at Western.

My time spent in Montreal was very busy, so I’m having trouble remembering specific details. What was important was that I got a chance to spend time with a lot of people in a very short amount of time. I stayed mostly at Eliott’s house, but I spent a few days in Jackie and Anj’s apartment with Bucky. Maybe it will be easier if I broke this up into people I spent time with and/or events that occurred that allowed me to spend time with several people. I apologize if I leave anyone or anything out since it’s all such a blur

  • Eliott, when he was not working, was with me a lot of the time except when I was at my sister’s.
  • Jackie and I hung out quite a bit despite her work schedule. We didn’t normally see each other that often when we lived together. I slept in her bed with Bucky while she was sick. We went to work together and had lunch with my mom. We also had a fancy lunch at a French restaurant and went to see a movie at the International Film Festival. I also met her, Bryan, and Anj for drinks/tea in Mile End.
  • Kevin’s party that occurred the day after I got back allowed me to see a few people I hadn’t seen in a while, including several people I had never seen before from the Liberal Party of Quebec.
  • Jackie’s apartment also hosted on my first night staying there a going away party for Andrew. Andrew was moving to Toronto to study fashion design at Ryerson. So poor Andrew, like me, was abandoning Montreal for school. At least he wasn’t too far away from where I am staying. Eleanor, who also lives with Jackie, and I also met Andrew coffee early one morning.
  • Jackie and I worked at registration at Vanier for a day. I got to say hi to a lot of people I used to work with, while making a bit of money to make up for my flight and a couple weeks of pay in Kananaskis.
  • I saw my mom when my sister and I had lunch with her, and we did a little bit of shopping at Place Vertu, and on a separate occasion, my mom and I went to IKEA to pick up some bits of furniture for my apartment. I had Swedish meatballs for lunch, and we ran into Bryan who was working cash. Unfortunately, we met him too late to get a discount. Then my mom and I had coffee while we waited for Eliott’s dad to get home to let me into the house.
  • Bryan, Anj, and I met Edith, whom Bryan and I know from Concordia, but who was also staying with us in Kananaskis over the summer, for breakfast one morning. Edith was moving from Montreal to Calgary to study at the University of Calgary. She is now living with Tracy with their two cats and her many, many books.
  • Bryan, Anj, and I spent that afternoon wandering St-Denis and shopping around for nothing in particular. After Anj went to work. Bryan and I did more wandering as we tried to figure out what we should do. Then we met Jackie and did more wandering around until we decided to go our separate ways. Jackie and I then went out for vegan food.
  • I saw my dad and my stepmom a couple times. Jackie, Eliott, and I went over to their place one evening for a nice dinner.
  • Steph, Kevin, Eliott, and I went up to Steph’s cottage near Lachute for a couple days. It was nice. We all got to catch up a bit and do some kayaking.
  • I met Marleigh, a former co-worker, and her beautiful baby, Kaelyn one morning for coffee. We then took a stroll to a local park so that Kaelyn could play.
  • Eliott and I stopped by my stepsister’s birthday/going away barbecue. My stepmom was also there. Sheena was going back to Australia to continue her education. Her friends made her a cake shaped like a plane. Eliott, Jackie, and I also met Sheena for supper on a separate day.
  • JJ and Michael returned from their trip to France and Spain, so JJ and I coerced the boys into watching Becoming Jane about Jane Austen. I think Eliott enjoyed it despite himself. The next step is to get him to watch all 6 hours of the Pride and Prejudice miniseries.

I think that about sums up almost everything I did in Montreal. Next you will be hearing about Eliott’s and my trip to London, including our stopover in Ottawa to see Brandon and Sarah.

2 comments:

Eliott said...

Mark my word. I am not watching Pride and Prejudice.

Jen said...

Mark my word: he will. Who's word would you trust more? Is there anyone who wants to help me tie him down?